Saturday 15 December 2012

Oscar Predictions 2013: Best Supporting Actor.


Today I'm having a look at the men up for the best supporting actor prize. This award has previously  been won by the likes of Heath Ledger, Christian Bale and last year by Christopher Plummer for his wonderful perfomance in 'Beginners'. This year the race seems to be between a group of previous winners, but who will get their greedy hands on the Oscar? Lets take a look.


I bloody loved Alan Arkin's perfomance in Argo. He was the best thing in the film and is a dead cert to get nominated come Febuary but I'm not sure he can win this award, which he previously won a few years ago for Little Miss Sunshine.
Robert De Niro is great in Silver Linings Playbook and has a good chance, but after his name didn't pop up on the SAGs nomination list, his momentum seems to be slipping but he's so well repected that I beleive his name will still be on the list.

Philip Seymour Hoffman, who has previously won an Oscar for his work in Capote, looks like a lock to get his forth nomination for his critically acclaimed performance in The Master. The academy loves him but could he win his second oscar this year? I think there's a good chance he might.
If Hoffman doesn't win then I believe that Tommy Lee Jones will for Lincoln, which has been on the top of everyones prediction list. I haven't seen it as of yet but I've heard he's supposed to be pretty good in it.


Both Leonardo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz have been getting a lot of buzz for their roles in Django Unchained, after both picked up nominations at the globes but neither at the sags. I think only one could make it on to the final list, could it be DiCaprio's year?

Could Javier Bardem make it on to the nominations list for his roles as the villan in Skyfall? The voters love it so he has a good chance. Or could Mathew Mcconaughey get his first Oscar nomination for his critically well received role in Magic Mike? It's been a great year for him and the Oscar nod could be the cherry on top. I feel that Micheal Fassbender's perfomance as android David in Promethus has been grossly overlooked. I think he deserves a nomination for his great work but it won't happen.
Anyway, here are my predictions:
1. Tommy Lee Jones - Lincoln.
2. Philip Seymour Hoffman - The Master.
3. Alan Arkin - Argo.
4. Robert Di Nero - Sliver Linings Playbook.
5. Leonardo DiCaprio - Django Unchained.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Or have I forgotten something you think should be nominated? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment