Wednesday 29 August 2012

I love the 90s - Hotties!


I love the 90s - Hotties!
Having spent my teens and early adulthood in the 90s the hotness of celebrities was of utmost importance to me. Although there were the obvious favourites; Brad Pitt, Pamela Anderson, Mariah Carey, George Clooney, Keanu Reeves, Heather Graham, Denise Richards, Leonardo DiCaprio. A-list celebs weren’t really for me (except Christian Slater). I tended to dream about TV hotties, you know, the ones that you were more likely to bump into in the street because they were ‘real people’ and obviously after that chance meeting they would ask you out on date. Dana Ashbrook who played bad boy Bobby Briggs from Twin Peaks featured highly in these dreams. Ahhhh, that floppy hair...


While waiting for that to happen there was no better way to spend time than with a friend, watching TV then discussing and comparing TV hotties and their merits. Here are some of my favourites.
Beverly Hills 90210 Hotties!
Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh (what an unhot name Brenda was)

Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh (the one you could take home to your mum)

Luke Perry as Dylan Mckay (the one you wish you could take home to you mum)  
Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor (being the spolit brat never hurt her hotness)

Brian Austin Green as David Silver. (overshadowed orignally by Perry and Priestly but definitely grew into his hotness)

Saved by the Bell Hotties!



Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Zack Morris (preppy, but oh-so cool)


Tiffany-Amber Thiessen as Kelly Kopowski (I sooo wanted to look like her)


Mario Lopez as A.C Slater (always a winner with me)  



Elizabeth Berkley as Jessie Spano (had lots of sass hiding in that hair)
And not forgetting...


Boy Meets World
(Topanga's lips were amazing!)

Dawson's Creek
(take your pick)

Blossom
(Whoa...It's Joey Russo!)


Party of Five
(Their hottness in Party of Five did nothing but help their careers)
Alas, not one of these hotties bumped into me as I went to Spa to buy my White Lightening. So as I closed the door on the 90s I decided there was no harm in delving back into the A-list pot of hotness to represent this splendid decade. My chosen hottie is...









Mark Wahlberg
(Ahhhhhhhhhh!)

Who did I miss and who is your chosen hottie from the 90s?

1 comment: