Saturday 16 February 2013

Britney Spears Scream and Shout; It's The Top 10 Remixes Bitch!


After releasing numerous club mixes and two remix albums in a career that's spanned over 14 years to date, Britney Spears has finally filmed an original promo for one of her reworked singles...and its awesome! 'Scream and Shout' has become a huge hit for the Princess of Pop so it made sense to release an official remix of the song but even with Will I.Am's involvement, I was surprised at how hip-hop the final track is. With extra verses from rappers Diddy, Waka Flocka and Lil Wayne, the 'Scream and Shout' Remix works in a completely different genre to the original so of course a new look was required for Ms Spears and I can tell you now you've never seen Britney like this before. Check out the official promo below.


How cool does Britney look!? I'm LOVING the ghetto style and the held up ponytail is weird but somehow works brilliantly. It surprised me but I actually prefer Britney's performance in this new version of 'Scream and Shout' as it has a lot more edge to it and that's whats so great about remixes. They can bring out something new in a song that you thought you knew like the back of your hand. As the Spears back catalogue is so popular among DJs and producers, I wanted to take a look back at Britney's top ten remixes from her career so far to determine which one is best. Let's start at number ten.
10) Circus (Linus Loves Remix)

'Circus' is easily one of my favourite Britney singles of all time and this remix from 'B In The Mix: The Remixes Vol 2' manages to capture the energy of the original song while giving it more of an alternative electro feel. 


9) Break The Ice (Jason Nevins Rock Remix)

Britney has tried to sound rocky a few times in her career but often to mixed results (hello 'I Love Rock n Roll') but with this remix, Jason Nevins has finally given Britney the rock song she deserves. The addition of guitars completely revamps the style of 'Break The Ice' but it still sounds great combined with Britneys breathy vocals. 


8) Gimme More (Femme Fatale Tour Remix)


Now this one isn't an official remix but when I saw Britney live on her Femme Fatale tour, I was blown away by this reworked version of 'Gimme More', which  retains the sultry vocals but gives it a more seductive vibe. It's a hard one to describe so I recommend you just click below and enjoy one of Britney's finest remixes, which even includes some new ad libbing towards the end. 


7) Till The World Ends (Femme Fatale Remix) ft Ke$ha & Nicki Minaj


Ke$ha co-wrote 'Till The World Ends' so it made sense that she would appear on a remix of the track and although it's nice to hear a different vocal, I find myself just wishing there was more Britney instead. However, the reason I chose to include this remix on the list is for the insane Nicki Minaj rap that includes such gems as "I ain't talking poultry when I say this chicken's fried" and "sniff, sniff, cry. I done slayed your whole entire f***ing life". Anyone up for a Britney and Minaj duets album?


6) I Wanna Go (Gareth Emery Remix)


'I Wanna Go' is already a club ready anthem so for it to be included on the second remix album, the song required a lot more than just the addition of a generic club beat. I love this remix by Gareth Emery for its unusual sound; the production is flawless and like many of the tracks on this list, the remix breathes new life into the song.  


5) Everytime (Valentin Mix)


So far I've only shared tracks from the second remix album but there are also some brilliant Britney tracks on 'B In The Mix: The Remixes'. One of the highlights for me was the Valentin Mix of 'Everytime', which transforms the heartbreaking ballad into a trance anthem that makes you want to throw your hands up in the air instead of slitting your wrists.


4) (You Drive Me) Crazy (Spacedust Pop Vocal Edit)


I had to do it. This remix of 'Crazy' might sound a bit dated now but I was obsessed with it when I bought the CD single back in 1999. Old school Britney sounds as great as I remembered on this mix and I love how the vocals are played around with throughout the song. 


3) Piece Of Me (Boz O Lo Remix)

The original 'Piece Of Me' is one of Britney's darker songs and was released during a troubled time for the singer but this remix takes the song even further in that direction, with synthy beats that give the track a harder edge.

 
2) And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix)

'And Then We Kiss' was originally intended to be on Britney's fourth album 'In The Zone' but was not included for some unknown reason. This Junkie XL remix then appeared a few years later on 'B In The Mix: The Remixes' and if the label had actually bothered to promote the album then this could have been a huge hit. I was beyond obsessed with this mix for its euro-trance vibe and sensual vocals. The original version was finally leaked in 2011 but I still prefer this mix as its the one I first grew to love.


1) Rihanna's S&M Remix ft Britney Spears

For the number one spot, I've chosen an unconventional remix that didn't start out as a Britney Spears song but has since become one of the stars most successful mixes to date. 'S&M' was originally a hit off Rihanna's 'Loud' album but the song became even bigger once Britney was included on the track, reaching number one on the US billboard chart. On this mix, the production remains pretty much the same as on the original but the inclusion of brand new verses sung by Britney Spears elevates the track into an incredible duet that combines the star power of two of the hottest singers around. Just imagine how big the song could have been if they had both filmed an official music video together???!!! What a wasted opportunity! Ah well. If you haven't heard it before, then I would definitely recommend you check out my favourite Britney remix below right now!


So what do you think of my choices? Is your favourite Britney remix on the list or have I missed out some classic mixes from her back catalogue? And are you a fan of the new remix of 'Scream and Shout'? Let me know by commenting, liking and sharing below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment