Saturday 26 January 2013

Oscars 2013: Best Animated film, Who Should Win?


There hasn't been such a strong year for animated films at the Oscars since 2009 when Up won and this year it looks like Disney has this one in the bag again. But when doesn't it? But which one of its brilliant films will be picking up the Oscar? Today I'm taking a look at the films that are nominated to see who will win. Who should win? And who should have been nominated? 


Here the nominations...

"Brave" Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman.

"Frankenweenie" Tim Burton.

"ParaNorman" Sam Fell and Chris Butler.

"The Pirates! Band of Misfits" Peter Lord.

"Wreck-It Ralph" Rich Moore.

Who will win? "Frankenweenie" Tim Burton.

I feel like this film isn't as good as the critics and reviews have claimed. A return to form? Not quite. The other films nominated are much better then this in my opinion  but I think this year the academy will more than likely take the chance to reward Burton for his previous work.

Who should win? "ParaNorman" Sam Fell and Chris Butler.

I was so pleased to see ParaNorman pick up a nomination, I loved this film, and while it's not usually the kind of movie that the academy voters tend to go for, I think it's a better film than Frankenweenie but I doubt it will win.


Who Should have been nominated? "From Up on Poppy Hill" Goro Miyazaki.

Studio Gilbi has been churning out anime classics for years and their new effort From Up on Poppy Hill is no exception. Directed by Miyazaki's son, this brilliantly animated film should have been rewarded with a nomination at least.


What do think of the choices I've made? Do you agree wholeheartedly or do you disagree angrily? Feel free to let me know; comment, like, share and follow. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment