Friday 31 August 2012

Top 10 Nicki Minaj Guest Raps...Seriously, She's Done Hundreds! Numbers 5-1

Back again with the Top 10 Nicki Minaj Guest Raps, counting down now from 5 to 1. Click here to see what songs made it from 10-6. There's some recent hits in the top 5 as well as songs from earlier in Nicki's career. Let's see if your favourite cameos made the list.


Remember, many of these videos contain explicit language and so I strongly advise you to only click on them if you are of an appropriate age. Ok, let's get started.



Number 5:

To kick off the top 5, we have the Ludacris song My Chick Bad, with a creepy ass verse from Nicki Minaj. I'd like to see this monstrous persona of hers more often but I guess it doesn't fit well with the fans who only know her because of Super Bass. 'Guess who's playing Freddy!'


Number 4:

Nicki Minaj and Drake regularly collaborate with one another, sparking off a number of rumours over the years that the two of them are dating. Whether this is true or not, the pair clearly have chemistry with each other. What's great about this song is that its not just focussed on sex like much of hip-hop these days but focusses instead on the respect that men have - or should have - for women. Aw.


Number 3:

Onto the top 3 guest raps now and I just had to pick this club banger that signalled a change in Nicki's career towards more dance-orientated material. Serving as the lead single from David Guetta's Nothing But The Beat Album, this collaboration also features Flo Rida and was my favourite song of last summer. Nicki's rap is just crazy and ridiculously tough to keep up with. Love it. It's Where Them Girls At.


Number 2:

It's the final two now and this choice may surprise some people but Nicki's duet with Mariah Carey was the first time that I sat up and really took notice of her as an artist. Up Out My Face is an underrated song and the video is great for showcasing Nicki's Barbie persona, quite literally. It feels like forever since this video was released, which goes to show how much Nicki has actually achieved in just 2-3 years.


Number 1:

This is it. I've looked through a ridiculous amount of Nicki Minaj cameos, including collaborations with some artists I had never even heard of but we are down now to Nicki Minaj's Best Guest Rap...in my opinion of course. It's one I hope you will agree with though as when I started writing this post, this incredible collaboration with Rick Ross, Jay-Z, Kanye West AND Bon Iver was always going to be the winner for me. I'm sure there are many people out there who would disagree but for me, Nicki's verse on this song is quite easily the best rap I have heard for years. Somehow, she single-handedly manages to upstage every single one of her collaborators on this track, including the legends that are Jay-Z and Kanye. This guest rap quite simply heralded Nicki Minaj as a force to be reckoned with. And did I mention the disturbed video is amazing as well? This is not one for the faint-hearted.
So here it is then. Monster.


So they were my top 10 Nicki Minaj Guest Raps. If you think they were good choices or if you think I made horrendous mistakes left right and center, then either way, let me know. Show Minaj some love. Show us some love. Every google +, like or tweet helps and don't be shy to follow. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment